Sunday, November 13, 2022

Waiting in the Wing

Original demo: https://on.soundcloud.com/grJyW
The grind of living pulverizes new sprouts into a mush, yet I am back here to rescue what I can and maybe make some sense of the past few years. 

To start, my only finished song for the entire year. It's one I wrote about failure.


Waiting in the Wing ©2022

It didn't work out, but we're still friends

Took the leap, found kindness on the ground

You still finish my sentences

I still know just when to leave you alone


Sometimes it's so close that you can't see

Maybe if you let go of the dream


The ground is cold, you're by my side

You see me as I am, half alive

This broken body and battered mind

Never seems to cross the finish line


Sometimes it's so close that you can't see

Maybe if you let go of the dream

You'll find love

was never waiting

in the wing


You still text me just to ask

if you can bring me anything I need

I still reply with a smile

I'm sending cash, I'll see you in a while


No comments: