Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer Weekend Tour

Travel isn't as simple as it used to be, pre detox era. Now I've got to spend a half day or more prepping for how I will thrive. I make my little supplement/detox meds packs, mix up my nano vitamins liquids in little dark bottles, get bottles of non-tap water from the store, and make up little snack packs and buy little boxes of rice milk, so I don't starve at rest stops that only serve wheat-wrapped and milk or soy-imbued everything. Even the fries are fried in something other than olive or cocunut oil, I'm sure. But I get those anyway. :-)


I have to eat at religiously regular intervals...before 9 am, again at 10:15 am, at 11:45, then at 2 pm, and fiinally and early dinner by 6. Maybe a snack later and early to bed. Yeah, this is tough when traveling.


Still, a summer weekend music tour is worth it. I get to see the American landscape, which I love, and friends and cities. New York has some amazing eateries where I can eat EVERYTHING. As a foodie this is like a good death where heaven is on the other side. 


I rehearsed on a grand piano (Steinway) at the nearby Unitarian church yesterday and re-learned how amazing an acoustic instrument is and how totally unworthy my songs and piano skills are. Lots of my songs don't work on a grand, I found, so I adjusted my set list to more appropriate stuff. And I started writing a new song 'cause the instrument just wants to do certain things. Loud-mouth pianos. They know what they want. Such a beautiful thing


So, I'm packing up today and looking forward to the next 5 days on the road....


No comments: