Sunday, June 20, 2010

A few small victories

My acupuncturist changed the direction of one of my chakra wheels yesterday. I didn't know chakras had wheels -- I thought they just had colors. I must scour the interwebs for more information on that. Perhaps a future entry I'll tell you what I find.


In the meantime, and in an effort to introduce balance to this blog, I have a few small victories that warrant a short entry:


Small Victory #1: Last night I made it down to Istanbul to hear Eve Goodman & John Caldwell, with Tracy Drach. I didn't last the whole night, but the fact that I made it there and had a nice dinner and heard live music is something indeed.


RAH!


Small Victory #2: I just returned home from a 10 minute walk under blue skies. My lungs and limbs are heavy, but ten minutes anywhere would have been unthinkable on Friday. And no acute symptoms.


YAY!


Small Victory #3: This morning I re-listened to Rick DiClemete's reading of my astrological chart from earlier this Spring and pulled out a sketch pad and made drawings. Doodles really, but doodles with an art pencil on art paper.


YAWP!


A word of hope to all who need it: 
"Don't Let the Bastards Get You Down" - Margaret Atwood

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Wow, Heather. I am really sorry to hear about this crap. And your victories make me a bit sheepish about my porch furniture hooting and hollering. Anyway, I will hope that the pills help, that your spirits remain afloat, that you keep finding things each day that make you chuckle or relax or hope. Wish I could stop by with some cold iced tea and a good movie for you. Hugs.