Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sunstar Women in Music Festival


I've been really encouraged by the presentations at this festival this weekend. I got to perform on Thursday at the opening mixer with Joy Ike, Boca Chica and Bianca Atterberry, but didn't stick around because I was so moved by some things that LaShonda K. Barnett shared in her talk "Women of Thunder..."

Things to consider: women vocalists aren't "just singers", to be an artist means to be a disciple (discipline is embedded in the word), and the muse will visit those who are practicing and open to it.

Today I was part of a panel on "Strategies for Success". I feel like right now I'm in a weird transition or re-evaluation of who I am as an artist and why, and so it was a humbling experience to be asked to share what I know. The clearest truth that looms in my life right now: love the process, listen to my intuition.

No comments: